Need a knit (or nine) this winter… look no further
Slouchy, fluffy, bulky, oversized knits. These are the types of knitwear I’m coveting this season. They look comfy, cosy, and offer a modern take on something your nana probably would have knitted. Take a look at some of my favourites of the moment. But if you’ve got champagne tastes on a beer budget (like myself) then it might be time to get those knitting needles at the ready…
1. Marle Mimi Jumper in Ballet Pink, $350: They sold out online in the blink of an eye and it’s easy to see why. The soft pink colouring and balloon sleeves is juxtaposed with a chunky fisherman’s rib, and it really works. Check their stockists to see if anyone has any left as there are definitely still some floating around.
2. Zara Oversized Sweater, $69.90: This dreamy cream offering may only be 10% wool but it’s a good oversized sweater that can be paired with anything.
3. Ruby Otto Turtleneck, $289: The alpaca and wool blend is a classic, and turtleneck is definitely shape of the season.
4. Maggie Marilyn Come in from the Cold Knit – White/Red Stripe, $736: It’s out of my price range but I absolutely LOVE this knit. The red stripe really updates a classic cream cosy offering.
5. Karen Walker Paradise Sweater in Dusty Pink, $450: As we know all shades of millennial pink are everywhere right now, but I’m rather liking the subtly of this two-tone dusty pink mohair knit which wills comfort.
6. Zara Oversized Sweater, $69.90: When I buy a knit I do prefer to spend money on wool, however, if you’re looking for a cheaper option or perhaps don’t feel the cold then this is an affordable slouchy selection.
7. Juliette Hogan Chester Sweater Cashmere, $549: I’m a sucker for cashmere but in New Zealand it does come at a price. Still, this super soft classic cashmere rich sweater is worth it and is the perfect addition to your winter wardrobe for years to come.
8. Country Road Mohair Rib Knit, $229: My sister bought this jumper two weeks ago and she’s barely seen it since. In the name of research for this post I ‘borrowed it’ and have yet to return it. ‘Spose I’ll have to give it back now…
9. The Knitter Crosby Cardi, available in store at Muse: If you haven’t checked out the Instagram account @theknitter, you don’t know what you’re missing. Her signature style is thick, chunky knits, and I can’t get enough. Of course, like anything handmade, expect a higher price-tag.
Something Else You Might Like: The One Item Your Wardrobe Needs