Want to do something different for your little one’s room? Here’s how…
My son’s nursery was pretty much a rush job. We’d just finished doing up most of the house and had left his room till last. By that stage I was 8-months pregnant and over making any more decisions. I wanted something simple that could age with him so it heavily leaned towards the practical side, and lost a bit of that child-like whimsy. To be honest, I wish I’d gone down a more creative path which is why I always love looking at nurseries online, and the Safari theme has definitely caught my eye. What I like best about this is it’s gender neutral, so if you don’t know what you’re having (or aren’t into the whole blue/pink thing) it’s a safe bet. Plus it’s pretty easy to do. Opt for neutral browns and creams, choose some spotted wallpaper, find some safari animal prints, and you’re done. See below for more inspo…
GET THE LOOK:
- Melissa Doug Giant Giraffe. Toyco, $149.
- Aspiring Cot. Mocka, $199.95.
- Crochet Pouffe. Mocka, $69.99.
- Meru Tibetan Lamb Skin. Alex & Corban, $249.99.
- Scallop Dots Wallpaper in Rust. From These Walls, $72 (AUS) per lineal metre.
- African Animal Wall Art Prints, from Esty. Three for $70.90 unframed.
Something else you might like: How To Master Family-Friendly Decorating